IT audit is a comprehensive diagnostic of the company’s IT infrastructure. The purpose of an IT audit is to diagnose the state of the infrastructure, as well as to assess the real state of network security and its vulnerability, the software settings, and the correctness of the IT architecture in accordance with the international standards ISO 38500, ISO 27001, ISO 19770- 1.
The main goals of the IT audit:
- assessment of the correct and rational funds allocation for maintenance, modernization of the computer periphery and software. IT audit examines the direct and indirect expenses of an information system. You will receive a full report on costs and recommendations for optimizing expenses;
- detailed analysis of all IT processes in the company and comparison of these processes with real tasks in the company;
- assessment of the data security level in the company;
- recommendations for increasing the efficiency of all company departments, automation of their business processes;
- searching for vulnerabilities, controlling of accessibility to sensitive company data;
- IT department performance assessment to analyze the system administrators competence. The audit will help to determine whether your employees who are responsible for the company`s IT infrastructure are sufficiently qualified.
IT audit should be done if:
- You have workflow constant problems, servers are unavailable, equipment is constantly turned off and does not work. Your customers are dissatisfied with constant supply disruptions.
- The company carries out a complete restructuring, renovation, relocation to another office. In this case, correct and competent planning will allow you to save money and build a new infrastructure without downtime and failures.
IT audit will increase the efficiency and reliability of your IT system. You will get a detailed conclusion of possible risks and clear practical recommendations for their elimination.